Concept development research is used to develop new products or modify existing products. Generating ideas based on consumer feedback is the most productive way to design or modify products.
This type of research usually takes place in the form of focus group sessions designed to brainstorm with customers.
- What needs are being unmet in the market place?
- What other product ideas are there in our category?
- How do I improve my product?
- What needs will my product satisfy in the market place?
- Are there other uses for my product?
- Are there needs that could be satisfied by a new product?